I tried to reset the Linksys Smart WiFi router since I read in a post on Google that if Linksys Error 2123 appears then you need to reset your Linksys router. But I have no idea how do I reset it. I tried but I failed. I need help! Do you also find yourself standing in the same queue of users who can’t get successful in resetting their Linksys routers? If the answer to this question is a yes, then do not worry anymore, since you have landed on the right post. This post will help you not only in resetting the Linksys router but also tell you about what you need to do after the reset is done.
Linksys Router Reset Process
Hard Reset Method
In this method, you simply need to press one button on your Linksys Smart WiFi router. Below are the detailed instructions for the same:
- Ensure connecting your Linksys router to a well-working power socket and apply power to it.
- Proceed to the next step only once the router is completely powered up. To know if the router is powered up or not you can check the power LED on it. If it is stable, this means the router is booted up fully and thus you can move to the next step.
- Now, locate the button labeled Reset on the router. The location of this button may vary for different Linksys router models.
- Upon locating the button, simply press it gently.
That’s it! This is how you can easily reset your Linksys router using the hard reset method.
Soft Reset Method
In this method, you need to access the admin dashboard of your Linksys router on a web browser. But this method can not be followed if you do not have a PC, or if you can not access the Linksys router login page. But you can access the admin dashboard, then use the instructions given below and reset the router using the soft reset method.
- The Linksys Smart WiFi router should be connected to the power supply.
- It should also be securely connected to the modem.
- Turn on a computer to proceed further. You can also use a laptop.
- Launching a web browser, visit the router login page using the web address or the IP address and do the login using the admin login credentials.
- As soon as you are logged in, go to the navigation pane.
- Click on Troubleshooting under Router Settings.
- Thereafter click on the Diagnostics tab.
- Now, click on the Reset link.
- Click on Yes on the pop-up box that appears on the screen.
- Your Linksys Smart router will reset to the factory settings now.
After you have reset your Linksys Smart WiFi router, the factory default values and settings get restored on it and the current settings get erased. The issue resulting in the Linksys error that you were getting has also been deleted. Now, your router will be as good as a new router. So, you need to set it up again with your home network to access its WiFi. You can use any method as per your convenience.
You can use the WPS button method, or manual method to get the task executed easily. If you have no idea how you can use any of these methods, then for your information, let us tell you that the exact steps for Linksys router setup are also provided in the user manual that you got along with the router while purchasing it. So refer to that and set up the Linksys router and begin accessing its network on various devices.
In a Nutshell
We hope that you have a clear idea now how you can reset your Linksys smart WiFi router to restore the factory settings. After you are done with resetting your router, you should set it up again as we discussed above. We recommend you update the firmware on your Linksys router to the most recent version to avoid any such similar issues in the future. To update the firmware, you need to access the Linksyssmartwifi router login page to go the settings and then get the task executed from there.