Aka malocclusion, a poor or bad bite takes place if one’s upper set of teeth does not fit appropriately to the lower teeth line. It is caused due to misalignment of teeth and can lead to mind to serious complexities to your oral health and overall well-being. As a matter of fact, your teeth need to fit together without having overcrowding issues or space within. Any deviation from this may lead to crowded teeth, overbite, underbite, open bite, crossbite, etc.
According to the famous orthodontist Dr. Kami Hoss, with advanced techniques and technologies, adjusting the bite problem is the only solution to stay away from its various side effects and problems which can outwear teeth enamel, chipping teeth, or even result in tooth fracture.
Dr. Kami Hoss is a co-founder of the renowned dental clinic Super Dentist and has been serving people with bit problems adeptly and successfully for about 23 years.
Why is it important to correct bite problems
If you are wondering if having your bite adjusted is important for you, then keep reading the article:
- An abnormal bite irrespective of its type can leave you with a high possibility of eventually getting your jaw stressed and ignoring it can develop temporomandibular joint disorder or TMJ, an awfully painful condition that makes it intensely difficult to chew or talk.
- Misaligned teeth are likely to generate extra spaces that accumulate food and make it a breeding ground for bacteria or cause plaque. This can form cavities and may result in gum diseases like bleeding gums, inflamed gums as well as oral infection and loss of a tooth.
- A bad bite is most like to wear out the enamel off your teeth crowns and overstress teeth, causing teeth to sore. It may also lead to the cracking of teeth. In mild events, this can result in tooth sensitivity to cold, heat, and various other foods.
- A bad bite, be it overcrowding, underbite, or crossbite typically makes make it difficult to brush and floss your teeth in order and thus aggravates. It can also result in premature decaying of the teen while an open bite may lead to difficulty chewing.
- When it comes to one’s facial aesthetics teeth take a significant place. And bad bite can affect the beauty of a simile while making it unsightly. This tolls immensely on personality, and self-confidence and can make you self-conscious.
As per Dr. Kami Hoss, the procedure followed in the clinic completely depends on the root problem and its criticality to treat misaligned teeth.
To treat your misaligned teeth, generally, the doctor suggests for bite adjustment procedure which can be done via traditional braces. Apart from considering old-fashioned braces, there are other options too such as replaceable tools like retainers, ceramic braces, and Invisalign trays. Invisalign has become highly popular since it comes with multiple advantages and remains virtually unnoticeable. They can be easily taken out and put into place which makes it easier while brushing, flossing, and taking food. Because of this, using Invisalign is a great idea to avoid the aggravation of bacteria caused by the accumulation of food particles and often experienced while using metal braces.