Nowadays, many households are installing surface-mounted electrical sockets as they improves the electrical functionalities of the home. Not to mention, they are helpful when someone wants to change their electrical wiring set-up but is not willing to make major renovations in the house.
They aid in the addition of new light fixes and other different electrical appliances, without drilling a hole in the wall. Along with that, the features of these sockets create a safer environment for kids to freely move inside the house.
Features of Surface Mounted Electrical Sockets
Find the detailed features below:
- These sockets are built on walls.
- They are made of fibreglass material, which is a great insulator.
- They do not take up much space.
- They run in the walls coated in plastic, or metal wire channels.
- The cable camps in these surface-mounted sockets are equidistant from each other.
- They create a separation from the exterior wiring.
Benefits of Surface Mounted Electrical Sockets
A few benefits that people can reap from surface-mounted electrical sockets are:
- These sockets are helpful in maintaining a gap between external wiring, thus keeping people in the house safe.
- They are helpful in reducing any mishaps of wiring between external and internal wires.
- They help in increasing the longevity of wires and cables.
- These electrical sockets require zero hassle in installation and are done in a few minutes.
- As there is no drilling required, these sockets help to keep the walls neat and clean.
- As the surface mount electric sockets come in varying sizes, it becomes easy to use them in a variety of ways.
- One can put up as many sockets as they want without any trouble.
Know the Right Places to Install Surface Mounted Electrical Sockets
If you are confused about which is the best way to install surface-mounted electrical sockets read the following points:
- The kitchen is one place that has probably the maximum number of electrical appliances. Also, these appliances run the most throughout the day. Hence, install surface electrical sockets in places like inside cabinets, kitchen backsplash, etc.
- Having surface-mount electrical sockets in the bathroom will essentially keep electric accidents at bay. Here, the sockets should be 6 feet distance from showers/bathtubs, and 1 foot away from sinks. Some best options are inside drawers and sides of the sink.
- Bedrooms and living rooms are great places to showcase indoor motion sensor lights, dim lamps, artificial ceilings, and more. These sockets come as a handy tool to set up aesthetic lighting inside the house. Hence, you may place them on the sides of a fireplace, inside bedroom wardrobes, above the wall TV set, etc.
Surface-mounted electrical sockets are a versatile, safer, and convenient option to amp up one’s house design. They are a great way to create a unique blend of attractiveness and higher functionality in the home.