A hair transplant: what is it?
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure used to restore hair to bald or thinning scalp regions. Referred to as hair restoration, it is typically used by patients who have failed previous therapies for hair loss. Hair transplants are performed by dermatologists and medical professionals who specialise in skin conditions. They are also performed by plastic surgeons, medical professionals who specialise in reconstructive surgery.
How do hair transplants work?
The doctor takes skin grafts from areas with healthy hair. Physicians refer to this region as the donor site. The thickest part of your hair is normally found on your head, near the rear of your scalp. The grafts are moved to areas of the scalp without hair by the medical professional. The transplanted skin ought to keep growing hair when it heals.
Hair Transplant Cost:
While the benefits are clear, many individuals are curious about the cost implications. The cost in Abu Dhabi is determined after an initial consultation with the doctor because it depends on different factors. At Enfield Royal Clinic, you can get the most cost-friendly treatment plan without compromising on quality.
Factors Influencing Hair Transplant Cost:
The below factors are responsible for the variance in cost:
1. Clinic Reputation and Expertise:
The reputation and expertise of the clinic or surgeon play a significant role in the cost. Well-established clinics with experienced surgeons may charge higher fees, reflecting their expertise and the quality of their services.
2. Type of Procedure:
There are different techniques for hair transplantation, such as Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). FUE, being less invasive, may be more expensive than FUT. The chosen technique can influence the overall cost.
3. Number of Grafts:
The number of grafts needed or desired by the patient affects the overall cost. A larger number of grafts may be required for extensive hair loss, contributing to a higher cost.
4. Geographic Location:
The cost of living and medical services can vary based on geographic location. Hair transplant costs in metropolitan areas or regions with a higher cost of living may be more expensive compared to other areas.
Categories of hair transplant
Hair transplant has different categories. The technique chosen depends on factors like the patient’s goals.
- Follicular Unit Extraction:
- Procedure: FUE removes hair follicles from the donor area using small punches on the scalp. These follicles are then transplanted into the bald or thinning areas.
- Advantages: FUE has advantages as it leaves small, less visible scars compared to FUT. It also allows for a faster recovery and is good for people who like shorter hairstyles
- Suitability: FUE is a good option for people who like short hairstyles and don’t want a scar on the donor site.
- Follicular Unit Transplantation:
- Procedure: The FUT procedure removes a strip of tissue with hair follicles from the donor area. The strip is divided into small hair units. These units are then placed in the recipient area.
- Advantages: FUT may be more suitable for those who need a large number of grafts. The main disadvantage is the linear scar left at the donor site, which can be concealed by longer hair.
- Suitability: FUT is for people needing many grafts and okay with a hidden linear scar under long hair.
Specialised Hair Transplants:
Beard & Moustache Hair Transplant:
- Procedure: The procedure involves moving scalp hair to the beard or mustache area
- Indications: For sparse facial hair or a fuller beard or mustache look, choose this option.
- Technique: FUE is often used for beard and mustache transplants. It allows for precise extraction and placement of individual hair follicles.
- Suitability: This product is useful for people who want to make their beard or mustache thicker.
Eyebrow hair transplant:
- Procedure: The procedure is like beard and mustache transplants. Hair follicles are taken from the scalp and transplanted to the eyebrow area.
- Indications: If you have thin eyebrows, you can get hair transplants to make them fuller and more defined
- Technique: FUE is often the preferred technique for eyebrow transplants. It is precise and creates natural-looking results.
- Suitability: Suitable for people with thin or sparse eyebrows, regardless of the other causes.
Which hair transplant is best for you?
Deciding on a hair transplant depends on the best hair transplant clinic and individual factors. It depends on different factors. Those may include:
- Schedule a consultation with a qualified and experienced hair transplant surgeon. They can assess your specific situation, discuss your goals, and recommend the most suitable method.
- Individual Goals:
- Consider your personal preferences, lifestyle, and desired hairstyle. If you prefer shorter hair, FUE is more suitable; if you’re comfortable with longer hair, FUT could be an option.
- Extent of Hair Loss:
- The severity of hair loss plays a role in choosing the method. FUT might be more efficient for extensive balding, while FUE is suitable for smaller areas or touch-ups.
- Donor Hair Availability:
- The amount of available donor hair can influence the choice of method. If donor hair is limited, the surgeon may recommend the most efficient use of grafts.
- Recovery Time:
- Consider the recovery time associated with each method. FUE generally involves a quicker recovery compared to FUT.
- Surgeon’s Expertise:
- The skill and experience of the surgeon are critical. The skill and experience of the surgeon are critical. Choose an expert who specializes in the method and has a successful track record.
After Hair Transplant:
Your scalp becomes too much hot after the procedure for one day. So you have to use pain medications. Your surgeon will advise the application of bandages over your scalp for at least one to two days. Additionally, they might prescribe antibiotics or anti-inflammatory medication for several days to facilitate the healing process. Generally, individuals can resume work within 2 to 5 days post-operation.
In the initial 2 to 3 weeks after the surgery, the transplanted hair may shed. However, new growth becomes noticeable within a few months. Most individuals experience about 60% of new hair growth within 6 to 9 months. Some surgeons may recommend minoxidil (Rogaine), a hair-growing drug, to enhance growth post-transplantation, although its effectiveness is not conclusively established.
Book Your consultation:
Embark on your journey to a confident and rejuvenated self by scheduling your consultation with Enfield Royal Clinic. Discover the transformative power of personalized hair restoration that countless individuals have trusted, embracing a new era of self-assurance. Your dream hair is just one consultation away!